Gold Country Relics

I was invited on a short prospecting trip by one of our "Elite" members recently...The weather was great.... the company was amazing and the late night camp fire discussions were intellectually entertaining...if that makes sense. I was basically spoon fed these relics during my short stay... Most interesting for me is the butterfly buckle...and the badge...neither of which I was able to find on the internet. I mean who wears a butterfly buckle?

Thanks for looking and all comments are greatly appreciated regardless of who's making them.

strick

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail (1).jpeg

thumbnail (5).jpeg

thumbnail (6).jpeg

thumbnail (7).jpeg

thumbnail (8).jpeg

thumbnail (2).jpeg

thumbnail (3).jpeg

thumbnail (4).jpeg

Definitely a hunt to remember for some really awesome relics and time in the company of other like-minded treasure hunters!  I hope it was just the first of many to come.  You've got a nice site there and with the size of those targets, likely only just scratched the surface.  Exciting times for sure.   :biggrin:

LHJ4_481_26feb42a-443f-43ee-8e90-439d8305af45.thumb.jpg.af58382f6a559e9faa296843047a0807.jpgGreat hunt Strick! 👍 Glad to see someone posting cool finds. Looks like you were hunting a spot where clothing and accessories were sold. 😀

A lot of people wore really "fancy" stuff back then. I dug a buckle on a riverboat landing that made me wonder too. That's some of the best stuff I've seen in a while.

Awesome finds, strick! It looks like a lot of ladies items in there, so I would think the butterfly buckle is a lady's as well. Ecellent save!

Damn Strick those are all neat finds.  Spoon fed or not great hunt.   Maybe you found the brothel dump?