The Detectorists!

Watched a few clips on u-tube and ordered seasons 1-3 on Amazon. Really funny, thanks for pointing this out. 

I had watched the first season and 2 or 3 episodes of the second season back when it was on TV, I just watched all 3 seasons in the past 3 evenings on Tubi TV, it's free or at least it never asked me to register or login, etc., also even though it stops for about 1 second around 3 times during each show saying it will continue after a commercial, but no commercial ever appeared, so you only lose about 3 seconds during each show, I'm not sure if the reason for no commercials is due to my "Ad Blocker" or not.

Here's a link to season 1, if you want season 2 or 3 just select the last show for season 1 and go to the end of the show and season 2 will show up after it ends, for season 3 do the same with season 2 and then season 3 will show up.

All together there's 19 episodes, 6 first season, 7 second season, and 6 for season 3, each episode is approximately 30 minutes long.

https://tubitv.com/series/300006335/detectorists?start=true

I thoroughly enjoyed all 3 seasons, wished they would start airing it again, I will be looking out for the "Movie" soon to be released, can't wait!!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well The Detectorists Christmas Special for 2022 was great, virtually a movie, it goes for an hour and 14 minutes.  I guess with commercial breaks it would be an hour and a half, or in some places 2 hours 😛

Well worth the watch for those with access to it.

They've stuck with their XP Deus and CTX 3030.

Detectorists.thumb.jpg.0c02f32c7f182c42f1c2a066ec61fdb7.jpg

Gotta wait for access!! BBC app won't work here!!😵👍👍

The Detectorists was a great show & very well done. While it was obvious that the cast & crew had no real knowledge or detecting experience they pulled it off well & with a pretty good story line. They were in no way taking the piss & portrayed that type of detecting in the UK very accurately. You have to love that subtle British humor too. Was great to see this special as it tied up a few lose ends from when the show finished leaving us wanting more.

Happy New Year to you all.

D4G