XP Deus 2 Or Legend.... which Do I Keep?

Obviously, my starting this topic had to do mostly with me being able to justify keeping the Legend and Deus 2 at the same time since in some ways they are very similar especially with the Legend now having Pitch Tones included for its Park, Field and Beach modes which gives the user a very good ferrous/non-ferrous 2 tone VCO audio option that works great and easily competes with a similar audio option on Deus 2.

The Deus 2 ergonomics and packability however, made me search for an alternative which I found by basically selling one part of Deus 2 which is half the cost of the detector. My used Deus 2 remote and its underwater and charging accessories sold on Ebay in less than 3 hours. I had it priced well but it still sold for almost the same price as a basic Legend.......

So, now I am very happy with owning these two great detectors which can only get better in the future.

Sorry to hear about the leg issues Jeff. We have to watch those mobility issues as we age. Tough being alive if we can't move, so hope you heal up well and fast. They can do some miracle stuff these days with problems that would have put us in the rocking chair 100 years ago.

So now, is it Equinox 800, or Deus 2, or Legend..... or Manticore!? :smile:

16A23629-4604-472C-8A80-B6521182BEE5.jpeg

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Sorry to hear about the leg issues Jeff. We have to watch those mobility issues as we age. Tough being alive if we can't move, so hope you heal up well and fast. They can do some miracle stuff these days with problems that would have put us in the rocking chair 100 years ago.

So now, is it Equinox 800, or Deus 2, or Legend..... or Manticore!? :smile:

16A23629-4604-472C-8A80-B6521182BEE5.jpeg

I have my hands full with the Equinox, Legend and Deus 2 Lite. Manticore is going to have to substantially blow those three away in order for me to consider it. I have no idea if it can do that or not. 

Improving the Equinox exterior and waterproofing doesn't matter to me since I already did that with shaft and coil upgrades and I have a Legend for underwater.

Adding the CTX 3030 Target Trace type part of the display may be cool and handy for some people. Not particularly interesting for me since I am more of an audio type hunter. 

Basically, I am not particularly excited by this new Minelab detector. Maybe that will change........

Thanks for the get well wishes Steve. I hope your hip surgery recovery is also going well.

At least its summertime here and hot so not being able to even wear any of my shoes is no big deal. I can't even get my right foot inside of my Crocs!!!

1 hour ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Basically, I am not particularly excited by this new Minelab detector. Maybe that will change........

Not interested at all myself. Looks like an upgraded Equinox, no doubt to take place of discontinued E-Trac $1600 price slot. That would make it an apples to apples comparison for the Deus 2, for those who do that sort of stuff.

• The title was changed to XP Deus 2 Or Legend.... which Do I Keep?