6 Days At The Beach, Meh

I wouldn’t hesitate in saying that you had a very successful 6 days.  I can guess each day was many hours in length.  
I can see dedication oozing from you on that trip. 

Good job😊

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ColonelDan said:

I wouldn’t hesitate in saying that you had a very successful 6 days.  I can guess each day was many hours in length.  
I can see dedication oozing from you on that trip. 

Good job😊

Thanks Colonel,

I told a Marine on the beach yesterday who was interested in detecting and the Deus that it takes a bit of autism to be so persistent. He admired my thoroughness and told me a great story about EOD showing up when he was in Kuwait. 😀 I said it would be great for his health.

Most days it hit 92 and around 80% humidity, thankfully there is a beach bar on top of the dunes that sells Gatorade. Had to stop in a few times but the climb was difficult. 😀20230717_104246.thumb.jpg.bf9e5f0ddff8afb720ebf1be9a04a29b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

Beautiful beach and a great haul for the week, well done! You got silver, quite a bit of jewelry, tons of coins, a caravan of matchbox cars, recovered a lost ring, and stayed on a gorgeous beach, I'd say that a winner of a week! Congrats! 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Beautiful beach and a great haul for the week, well done! You got silver, quite a bit of jewelry, tons of coins, a caravan of matchbox cars, recovered a lost ring, and stayed on a gorgeous beach, I'd say that a winner of a week! Congrats! 😎

Thanks Cap'n,

It is a nice beach, they replenished it a couple years ago with a white powdery sand that sticks to everything 😀

Hitting stuff buried under the new sand is fun, showed me I'm doing ok, but I would like to have given my wife a nice gold gift. She doesn't play with toy cars anymore. 😁

Despite my ring test, there just weren't any rings that I could find, going in the surf was brutal, the waves were short interval and 3-6'. Not for this geezer!

• Like 1

Nice hunting and you had a few nice presents for your wife.

I am sure that you went to the beach bar and only had Gatorade, and that is not a pill bottle you found. They make those for another white powder.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe out in this heat.

With all the cars and trucks that you dig up you will soon be able to open a used car lot on your tailgate.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Valens Legacy said:

and that is not a pill bottle you found. They make those for another white powder.

Or a loved one's ashes.

• Like 2

Nice job F350 for working the dry. Too bad the surf wouldn't calm down for you. That's where you may have gotten the wife's gift!

Good looking beach territory. Surprised you didn't get more bling. We have the soft powder sand down here too. Easy to dig in but when it collects on your coil, you can feel the extra weight.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Nice hunting and you had a few nice presents for your wife.

I am sure that you went to the beach bar and only had Gatorade, and that is not a pill bottle you found. They make those for another white powder.

Good luck on your next outing and stay safe out in this heat.

With all the cars and trucks that you dig up you will soon be able to open a used car lot on your tailgate.

Thanks VL,

The Fob had 3 little pills in it, I will cop to trying to identify them. 🤣 The numbers were obliterated but they were so small they were probably nitroglycerin or some other heart medicine. I plan to use it for the same.

I carry a pretty good amount of water with me on the beach, at least 2 bottles. Learned to do that on my tour of  Turkey in the 90s. It was in the 90s and about 80% humidity. Got dizzy the first day and had to down 2 bottles of Gatorade to make it back to my golf cart. 😵 The next time wasn't so bad, only one. They charge a premium for that stuff! 🥴

No worries, while I was there I ordered a new 32 ounce water bottle for my gear from my favorite manufacturer, it supposedly will keep water cool for 24 hours:20230727_172909.thumb.jpg.d7e3db5d99dd8eb4c0a827e3bc45d068.jpg

🤣 It even has a screwed on dog water bowl.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Nice job F350 for working the dry. Too bad the surf wouldn't calm down for you. That's where you may have gotten the wife's gift!

Good looking beach territory. Surprised you didn't get more bling. We have the soft powder sand down here too. Easy to dig in but when it collects on your coil, you can feel the extra weight.

Thanks TBB,

I did gear up and attempt a surf run once. Most days the flags were red or yellow/red indicating rip risk. The beach faces South and with a good summer onshore wind the waves are really short interval. I really should have used the 9" coil but was too lazy to go through installing it. 😀 The 13" is simply crazy to use. 🤪

Isn't that sand basically pulverized coral?