The Legend V.1.14 Beta-1 Beast

When I first updated the Legend to 1.14, Beast Mode would only respond to ferrous metals and was completely silent over nonferrous. In other words, it would pick up iron but not coins.

After trying everything and using it in the test garden a few times, I decided to update it a second time. This seems to have corrected the problem. Beast Mode responds to all metals but now I'm noticing that ferrous sounds louder than nonferrous. Nails are much louder than coins compared to the other modes. Is this normal?

In Park, Field, and Beach, ferrous and nonferrous have an equal loudness but with Beast Mode, nonferrous sounds quieter than the surrounding iron with no apparent way to separately adjust the volumes. Is anyone else experiencing this?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’ve just came across this video on YouTube, which shows a post by Nokta that they’re going to release a video soon showing people how to use the Beast Mode correctly:

That's pretty much what I experienced. No sound on nonferrous but like I said in my previous post, updating a second time seemed to correct it. I'm going to do some testing today and see how it does.

On 4/15/2024 at 3:21 PM, Digalicious said:

I did even more testing, and I think I'm convinced that BM often, and deliberately, ignores shallow to mid depth targets (mid to high signal strength targets). That would explain why so many of my in the wild targets weren't even detectable in BM, but came through loud and clear with a good ID in Park mode. The 30% of targets in which BM was much better than Park mode, were all deep or tiny targets (low signal strength targets).

This is exactly what I am seeing!

15 minutes ago, Zaj56 said:

This is exactly what I am seeing!

Thanks for that.

I would have to do more testing to know for sure, but are you thinking that BM is so "sensitive", that when it encounters some mid to high signal strength targets, BM sees it as a type of overload and then just ignores the target?

38 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

Thanks for that.

I would have to do more testing to know for sure, but are you thinking that BM is so "sensitive", that when it encounters some mid to high signal strength targets, BM sees it as a type of overload and then just ignores the target?

On second thought, a type of overload may indeed be what's occurring.

Notice the audio is much louder in BM compared to Park and Field? So maybe on some non-fringe targets, the signal strength is so high that BM sees it as an audio overload and then just ignores the target?

I think BM mode would be beneficial for hitting fringe targets in low trash sites, OR hitting fringe targets on sites that one has already cleaned out using Park or Field.

4 hours ago, Digalicious said:

On second thought, a type of overload may indeed be what's occurring.

Notice the audio is much louder in BM compared to Park and Field? So maybe on some non-fringe targets, the signal strength is so high that BM sees it as an audio overload and then just ignores the target?

I think BM mode would be beneficial for hitting fringe targets in low trash sites, OR hitting fringe targets on sites that one has already cleaned out using Park or Field.

I think it's perfect for cleaned out sites..and your overload theory just might have some merit! I really like the BM for relic hunting also as I really like how the sensitivity can be cranked up without chatter.(at least where I've been hunting)

So far I haven't gotten Beast Mode to show any performance advantage. I have several fringe depth targets in my test garden but Field Mode picks them up better than Beast Mode.

I've also been noticing that ferrous signals sound louder than nonferrous signals. Is this normal?

On 4/16/2024 at 7:54 AM, Badger-NH said:

When I first updated the Legend to 1.14, Beast Mode would only respond to ferrous metals and was completely silent over nonferrous. In other words, it would pick up iron but not coins.

After trying everything and using it in the test garden a few times, I decided to update it a second time. This seems to have corrected the problem. Beast Mode responds to all metals but now I'm noticing that ferrous sounds louder than nonferrous. Nails are much louder than coins compared to the other modes. Is this normal?

In Park, Field, and Beach, ferrous and nonferrous have an equal loudness but with Beast Mode, nonferrous sounds quieter than the surrounding iron with no apparent way to separately adjust the volumes. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Once I changed the IR setting to 2 it made a big difference to the ferrous sounds making it easy to tell what is ferrous and what is non ferrous