GPZ Battery...SOS

Ok, I was trying to stay under the radar...but,

my battery for the gpz does not take or hold a charge...I have a 3030 so the charger is not new to me. I immediately put the batteries to charge while I continued my painting project. After 4 hours or so I saw the green lights were steady so I thought I would turn the gpz on...no power!

I took the connecters to the detector apart and reassembled, took the battery out and reinstalled...nada!

I put the ctx battery on and lights and power came on . Then I tried the gpz battery and it worked so I thought there was dust or something...I put it away and went back to painting, eager to get done so I can hit the goldfields...

After cleaning up for the day,I picked up my gpz to turn it on and cuddle with it but no power...what the heck! I put the 3030 battery back in and she got turned on...

I don't know what other trouble shooting to do????????????????????????

any suggestions, this is really going to delay my trip..............................................

fred

Yur scarin' me dude!! A fault battery on a new $10,000.00 detector!! Try a volt meter on the CTX and then on the GPZ. I don't think you could damage anything even if you got the probes backwards while determining which contacts are = or-.

Contact your dealer and get a new battery. The CTX battery is good for about 4 hours operation on the GPZ. To not delay your trip, technically you could run the GPZ on the CTX battery in the morning, take an hour break for lunch and recharge the battery, then detect in the afternoon. Not really a great solution but better than nothing until you get a new battery.

Thanks,Klunker, I am hessitent to start sticking probes into the batteries....or the charger

Thanks Chris;

Yes, that is an option...and I may have to do that. I just spent 10 minutes on hold to get a message machine...

i will with hold my urge to cuss and swear for a few minutes...

fred

ok, I just spoke with Minelab.

They don't have any spares, so, I will send them my detector and they will send me a new one.

I can't complain about the service...but, it is a pain in the butt. And has definitely delayed my FUN!

fred

Bound to be a few bad batteries about.  But sending in the whole unit?  Did you try charging the GPZ battery on the CTX charger?

Hey Fred

Patrick hear, I found out that if you do not clip the battery hold down clips just right the battery will not work.  May want to put the battery back on the charger for an hour and see if it charges up then turn on the detector and see if it runs for an hour or so.