Ground Balanced On The GPZ

russ

In the first 10 seconds he gets a tone one way but not the other.  After that he's dipping into the hole which will cause a positive on any machine.  When he does wave over the hole after a bit of a dig the tone goes away for the most part.  Hot spot.  My thought.  His wave over the digs also gives a faint response.  He did not rebalance from what I see.

My question is why did it take so long to balance it out?

Looks like he is running in "normal ground". Should have been in "difficult ground" if it is making that much noise? I only have a couple hours on my 7000 but I was getting similar reactions in the area I was in with "normal ground" He might have been able to balance it out better with more  tracking in that mode? 

strick

I think the pumping of the coil was inadvertent because the hole was to small.

My question is why did it take so long to balance it out?

Information is that GB is an averaged item.  From what I've experienced this is so.  As the video goes on the averaging continues and eventually the signal is lost even with the inadvertent pumping that occurs when dipping into a small hole. Other video's show the same pumping on good targets but the target is not lost.  A hot spot is a hot spot and the GPZ is only a bit less immune to them than current PI's... goes to show the advice JP and others are pointing out... the GPZ is not a PI in the classic sense. Again I'll point out that there was no re-doing of the GB in the video, one would have heard it in the audio of the recording by the cut out.  There was not one nor any attempt to Quick track the GB.  GP and GPX audio are different in the GB signal when working them.

What gets me is the other GPZ in the video.  I'm sure his mate took a swing.

The views on another forum are that he balanced the target away and they will be returning tomorrow to dig up the nugget!

JP, in several videos, locks the GB when digging a target.

Maybe the GPZ ground balance is too good or the learning curve on this machine is still rising? 

I would not want to hazard too much of a guess on whats happened there, highly unlikely it was a good target unless he hit the Quick Trak. Could be the GB was out from a bad start up balance and then finally got enough info to get rid of the signal, but even then it sounded pretty positive.

Best suggestion would be to power cycle the unit or even do a re-set all then detect around the area for a while before coming in over the target again, when committing to dig suggest they fix the GB first. 

JP