Last Gold Of 2018

Chris Ben

So I was able to make it out for a half day yesterday of detecting. The plan was to start at an old wash I had found a few nuggets. Hit really low and slow, jamming the coil under all the bushes. I must have done a good job before...no luck. I did see a new wash I never hit before and thought I'd give it a try. Hit a 1 g nugget right of the bat and figured I was on a new patch. NOPE lol. My super power seems to be finding lone random nuggets,  not patches. 

I had an hour and half left before I had to go, so I decided to hit an area that has trash, and most people assume has been pounded. Its below an area of scraping and full of drywasher piles. I tried to look at the area from a different perspective and not automatically go to the washes. The plan worked. I picked the 2 small species back to back and then had to work a little harder to find the last nugget of the year. 2.8g. It was a foot down and not a solid signal to start with.

20181230_165154.thumb.jpg.d90b2152a1046b3c5a023b4ebde9d9e5.jpg

2018 was a tough year, because 2017 I picked all the low lying fruit with my new then GPZ 7000. Now I have to work a little harder, think more, and explore more. But I figure this is what makes us better prospectors. My buddy Dave and I have tried to explore and expand new areas with very limited success lol. But we will keep trying. 2019 will be a tough year as well because I have a couple of surgeries scheduled, but I'm sure I'll make the most of it. 

Happy New Year everyone!!

Chris

Mighty fine gold!  Finding those those new areas to hunt is not a problem, it is an opportunity. Positive thoughts are rewarded with positive results! Happy New Year to you and everyone else too. 

Just another half day for ya.  More than I get in several months.

Well done.

Mitchel

Congrats - way to squeeze those last bits of gold out of 2018.