Website Back In Time ×

GPZ With 15" & 12" Spiral X Coil

Likewise Norvic, I have found I can use normal a lot more now. Stability is great, as is EMI resistance.

In addition to my awesome 17 X coil, I have a 12 round and a 22 x 21 coming. Can't wait to see how well the big " Russian jobbie " goes on some deep ground !

The way these coils are performing, I can see Minelab taking a big hit to sales of their GPZ19. 

Cheers, Rick

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, phrunt said:

They'll probably pay for themselves in no time ? I've been waiting for you to do a bit of a review on how you're going with them!  You might have to get a GPX X-coil soon when you get your QED :laugh:

Stop it Phrunt...……….? I`ve put an 11" Coiltek on my modded SDC, first one lasted 20 minutes but replaced under warranty no trouble. It has found gold, I like its stable, sensitive performance but I really don`t see me using it much, especially now I`ve seen what the 12"X on the Z does, it just outclasses the SDC in depth and matches it in sensitivity on those surface pieces.

AG be real keen to see how you go with that 22x21, I`ve got some deep ground the ML 19 pulled a few ozs out of and I`m sure there is more waiting for a Monster X.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

They'll probably pay for themselves in no time ? I've been waiting for you to do a bit of a review on how you're going with them!  You might have to get a GPX X-coil soon when you get your QED :laugh:

Now why would you need a GPX X-coil when you can now get the 10" coil on the GPZ? :biggrin:   That really is the only drawback I had found with the GPZ.

8 hours ago, Norvic said:

Stop it Phrunt...……….? I`ve put an 11" Coiltek on my modded SDC, first one lasted 20 minutes but replaced under warranty no trouble. It has found gold, I like its stable, sensitive performance but I really don`t see me using it much, especially now I`ve seen what the 12"X on the Z does, it just outclasses the SDC in depth and matches it in sensitivity on those surface pieces.

I have a 10" X-coil in the mail too.  I am curious to see how well it does competing with the standard 8" SDC coil.  Once all of these coils get delivered, we should have a pretty good idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

Slightly off topic,

Anyone know someone who can make a patch lead in the US?

Definitely on topic, electronic repair service centres should have the tools, plugs and expertise to cut a GPZ coil lead and put a plug back on the original coil so as it can be used as well. To do so you`d need to purchase a X coil which comes with the written and photo instructions. If you go into JWs thread on his Take on the X coils, Phrunt has covered this topic much better then I can. I feel once you folks find a person who can make this patch lead, the GPZ will have a new lease of life in the US. Not having a small coil for the GPZ is surely its biggest failing as has been discussed in many threads on this forum, especially for us old codgers.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, phrunt said:

Genuine 19" coil sales may go down but GPZ sales will surely go up.  People waited years for a range of coils, especially a small coil... well, they're here now ?

Phrunt "you`ve hit the nail squarely on the head" GPZ sales will surely go up, once it has a range of coils available, especially that smaller coil.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Andyy said:

I have a 10" X-coil in the mail too.  I am curious to see how well it does competing with the standard 8" SDC coil.  Once all of these coils get delivered, we should have a pretty good idea.

This is what i would like to know too.  

• Like 2