3 pair heavy drawers ... haha

Aw, you beat me to it, Phrunt! The old boys must've hauled in barrels full of boot tacks to the gold fields.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I would upgrade some supply amounts.

100 lbs of coffee (without this amount I would get a little angry)

2 coffee mills and boilers (just in case of a failure) That would be bad!!!

Soap!!!! who in the hell needs soap????

4 tents (I'm not bunking with 4 dirty miners in one tent)

1 Gun ???  Gonna need one for each hip, a shotgun and a shit load of ammo!!!!

Brandy??? who in gods name drinks brandy???  WHISKEY it shall be, and 50 gals.

Beans, Beans and more Beans. Good for your heart the more you eat the more you fart.

30 lbs of salt??? That will give you high blood pressure!!!!!

4 pair mackinaw blankets (not fond of the cold)

As for the heavy drawers I'm not sure what that means, Sounds warm though, I'm all in

What in the hell would you use a silk Handkerchief for??? Anyone know???

Nails, we need more nails!!! A lot of stuff needs fixed here!!!!

Last but not least is a GPZ 7000 or an 1860's equivalent.

OH and if you want to model the heavy drawers for us here at DP, I'm sure we would all entertain that train wreck Ha Ha Ha 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, dogodog said:

What in the hell would you use a silk Handkerchief for??? Anyone know???

In this Covid-19 era you have to ask that?  (OK, maybe cotton would be better for them and us.)  Heck, just walking down the street of those shanty-towns was a risk to the lungs of a healthy 20 year-old.

• Haha 2

Compared to those Argonauts of times past, we modern-day gold-seekers are just a bunch of puny wimps. Myself included. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Sourdough Scott said:

Wondering what did we leave off the list?

Beer.

• Like 4

How the hell does does 400 lbs of bacon keep for 6 months??   😳

And how do they fit all of that in 1 wagon?  

Quite the preparation.   

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ColonelDan
      Colonel Dan's Detector Rack
      Anyone who is into metal detecting knows what its like to pack your vehicle for a day in the field or at the beach. This is what my SUV looked like...and that was on a very organized day!

Two detectors, a shovel, a sand scoop, equipment bag and cooler
      Not much room left for Miss Mary's suitcase or art equipment when she goes along. Not much usable space for anything else really except for a small area behind the passenger seat. I'm sure everyone has their own version of this load plan but you know the deal.
      There had to be a better way. I experimented with different ideas that worked to some level of success but none that fit the primary Cavalry Principle of KISS. I wanted a system that was portable, i.e. easily and quickly installed in and removed from my SUV. It had to be solid and stable with some heft so my detectors could ride safe and sound without tipping over or sliding around back there. Secure vertical stacking seemed to be the solution for me. The question was how to do it.
      I thought about several things I could build or re-purpose and finally settled on an unused truck gun rack. It was solidly built for my intended purpose, had rubber protection on the hooks to prevent damaging the detectors and had pre-drilled holes I could use for mounting it on a vertical frame. I decided to use 2x4s: easy to build with enough weight and heft to provide stability for my detectors.
      I built a frame that was 20” in height, 24” in width with feet 8” long which prevents tipping over or sliding around when fully loaded with equipment. Padding on the back helps protect the sidewalls of my SUV and a layer on the feet adds an additional level of prevention against slipping.

My detectors finally have a safe place to ride—they're happy campers!

And my load plan now looks like this.

Much more available space for Miss Mary to use any way she likes! Life is good!
    • By 1515Art
      I’ve been sidelined without my prospecting rig for over a month, long story but the old 4.0 died and I’m waiting for a new engine being built by a shop back East. Chad Golen, of Golen Strokers is building a 4.6 stroker motor and a shop here in Vegas is putting it in and doing a bunch of other upgrades. While waiting with devils time on my hands I’ve been shopping for a little personal protection to pack with me on my excursions in the wilderness. I looked at a number of different guns and calibers and finally settled of a 10mm Glock 40 gen4 mos, this seemed to check a lot of boxes good for hunting in most states, very reliable, 15+1 rounds, been effective on bears in Alaska and lots of mods and upgrades are available. I just put a Trijicon SRO red dot on it and there’s a compensated KKM match barrel on order just for fun. I haven’t had a chance to take it out, hopefully I run a few rounds out of it tomorrow I picked up some defense hollow points and a 1000 rounds of federal 180 grain full jacket to plink with. I also picked up a really nice chest holster I hope will keep it far away enough from the 7000 it doesn’t give me problems? Anyone else carry a Glock or any other firearm with you out detecting, If you do carry will the coil pick it up has it affected your detector?

• By PeterInSa
      We go gold detecting some/all day in the bush whether it be in Vic or WA ( Oz) away from our 21'6" caravan,  and for my other half, a fem with her 65th birthday just a memory, this can have some inconveniences and little privacy. On our recent trip to Tassie ( Bottom State underneath the Oz Mainland) came across a campervan whereby the young couple had mounted a Kickass Shower/loo tent on the side of their Campervan. I have mounted similar on the side of our Landcruiser. I will bring the small porta potty from our 1/2 cabin boat to do the job.
      Did the Install just prior to the lockdown, ( cannot travel to Vic or WA) so have not used it yet.

If you have a 4x4 and detect with a fem or if your Campervan is not fitted out with an inside shower/loo this item may be worth thinking about.
      Peter

• By rled2005
      Which size and type of backpacks do you all use to hike in for panning?
    • By Northeast
      I know the sun is probably just coming up in the States, but it's nearly set in most of Oz. 
      What prospecting gear did you receive this year?  Anything else that was interesting?  Was it what you wanted?  
      Me?  Got a few small items but none of it for detecting.  Best thing was a torch holder that locks onto the bottom of a barrel via a magnet.  Top little addition to the fox hunting arsenal.  May have purchased it myself and popped it under the tree   
      Interested to see what others got. 
      Merry Christmas. 
      Northeast.