New Coiltek Coils For Equinox - Focus On 5x10 For Gold

2 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

Damn Gerry Read Your Emails!!!

My secretary was not on their A game that day.  I'd fire him, but then have to hire him back in order to make these posts and get the info and news out of the new GPX-6000.. coming as soon as Africa tells us.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

My secretary was not on their A game that day.  I'd fire him, but then have to hire him back in order to make these posts and get the info and news out of the new GPX-6000.. coming as soon as Africa tells us.

Well sorry buddy.  Hopefully you (and Lunk) will still want to come out one day and I can put you on a nugget.  We can try out the new coils!  🤣

• Like 2

1 minute ago, afreakofnature said:

Well sorry buddy.  Hopefully you (and Lunk) will still want to come out one day and I can put you on a nugget.  

Yes, we both want to make that happen and it would be nice to do some side by side comparisons of the GPX and GPZ.  PM me the best month and possible dates, so we can start planning.  Then we can share the info/knowledge on DP so we all can learn more.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I sincerely hope the new 10x5 coil has similar sensitivity to small gold as the standard 6”, one of the things I love about the 6” is the more refined iron ID information compared to the stocker. In quiet ground with the sensitivity cranked up my favourite gold haunt has a lot of pesky hot rocks that do not ID very well with the larger coil, also the tiny nuggets do not ID very well either, so the smaller coil just makes for a more enjoyable experience as it saves me a lot of scuffing and fluffing around.

I agree! Tips On Nugget Hunting With Minelab Equinox

Gold found in Alaska by Steve with 6" Coil
equinox-minelab-finds-alaska-gold-herschbach.jpg

Gold found in California and Nevada with 6" Coil
equinox-minelab-finds-california-nevada-gold-herschbach.jpg

Edited  by Steve Herschbach

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I sincerely hope the new 10x5 coil has similar sensitivity to small gold as the standard 6”, one of the things I love about the 6” is the more refined iron ID information compared to the stocker.

A bit off topic but when would you use the Equinox over the Gold Monster?

Gerry had a great write up about this in the recent Garrett detector thread (😁)

Gerry:

I'm going to say they are pretty close (closer than most folks realize), but here is where the EQ-800 shines over the Monster.  NOX ID's hot rocks better, can handle mineralized soils better, easily ID's gold better and I know before I dig if it's a 22 shell, 30-06 casing, beer can or coin. 

Plus, here are some other things the NOX does and you can not with the Monster-.  Complete detector is 100% waterproof, not the Monster. NOX is blue tooth wireless, not the 1000, the NOX is software downloadable (very big deal for most of us), but not the Monster.  NOX is a great water detector and I have found ounces of gold rings in salt water.  Monster will puke itself in a salt water (but it was never designed for it).  NOX has adjustable tone pitch to suite ones ears of the sounds they don't hear well.  Not the Monster.  NOX has adjustable recovery Speed to pull nuggets from many hot rocks and the Monster does not.  The NOX has fine tune Ground Balance capability, not the Monster.

I could go on, but feel you get the point why all 9 of my Field Staff own the EQ-800 for Nugget Hunter and sold their GM-1000's.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

A bit off topic but when would you use the Equinox over the Gold Monster?

Always. That's me though, not saying anyone should do the same. Equinox is for control junkies, GM for those who want as few controls as possible. I let my Gold Monster go after I got the Equinox, as I felt it was redundant.

• Like 1

As a nugget hunter who enjoys finding my share of gold and then part of others.  I myself would never use a Gold Monster-1000 over an Equinox 800.  Never for any reason at all.  the GM-1000 is old technology when compared to the NOX.

Now, I do enjoy selling GM-1000's to folks and especially those who want the most User Friendly Turn On and Go gold detector out there.  Many customers do not hunt gold as often as I do or in as many states and or countries.  Simplicity is what is best for those who go only a few times.  The GM-1000 is also a fantastic 2nd detector for the person who likes taking kids/grand kids, cheap friends/relatives or the wife on occasion.  Just turn it on and start swinging.

Most importantly to me, is to get the right detector for the customer, not necessarily what I use.

• Like 5

For prospectors in the US or OZ it seems like the small elliptical will be the coil to have,i may be the only one here thinking a 9" round will also need to be made......the ratio sensitivity,depth,reactivity could be intersting like on the Deus 9"HF

RR

• Like 3