Fisher Impulse AQ Unboxing & First Photos

19 minutes ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

I can see Luis's point about it falling and doing some damage.  Like setting against the truck while getting ready and it slides along the fender hitting the ground!  I know, that's going to be my problem (because I've done it dozens of times before) and I now know of it up front,  but just saying he does have a point.  Wish that earphone cable wasn't coming straight out the back, but maybe doing a 90 degree angle to take the pressure off the wire.  Not complaining, just observing here.  Thanks all for the on going questions.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

I always take the time to rest the detector on the ground.......on the hard ground, my dive boots make for a great pillow for detectors. 👍

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rick Kempf said:

Tony - I think it will beat the TDIBH but we must wait for side-by-side testing by users - the ground truth. Alexandre and his team have already done all this but - like I said - wait for the users to report.

About your grandmother - how old is she - got any recent photos - I live in “Snow Bird Central” - maybe a local Craigslist her would do? Iol

If it does then there will be no one happier than me.......wish the Aussie dollar was stronger against the US dollar 💵 

If you need any Aussie testers then just let me know.....assuming I’m still alive after granny reads this thread 😳

Tony

If it goes exactly as deep as a TDIBH and truly eliminates even half the trash a TDIBH would have me digging I'll be happy. More depth is a bonus I'll happily accept. :smile:

The battery cable could have been more elegant, but it does allow for the possibility of a larger capacity battery belt mounted and connected by a curly cable. The headphone connection I am happy comes out under the elbow instead of out of the front of the pod as is the case with so many underwater detectors.

I think all of us who have leaned detectors against vehicles have experienced them falling over. Yet I admit I still do it - go figure. :laugh:

fisher-research-impulse-aq-metal-detector.jpg

6 hours ago, Tony said:

If it does then there will be no one happier than me.......wish the Aussie dollar was stronger against the US dollar 💵 

If you need any Aussie testers then just let me know.....assuming I’m still alive after granny reads this thread 😳aa

Tony

Poor Granny I am feeling sorry for her! But as you know the old always keep the money under their mattress, check it out maybe their is your treasure for buying your AQ Manta!!

Rick,

Keep up the good work! I'm sure Fisher will be tracking the input and comments by you, and others here that are a known quantity! 

Any useful and/or constructive criticism, I'm sure, Fisher will carefully consider!

I look forward to any imput you have on this unit! Thanks!!👍👍

That machine will sure be a collectable! Awesome opportunity you have, I am sure you will do great with it. Too bad people are jealous and resort to personal attacks. Gather all the great finds and send that person a pic to rub it in 🙂

I had a long conversation with the designer, Alexandre yesterday which began with him taking me through all the controls and then running a series of tests to verify that the machine I OWN is within specs. It is. We then “qualified” a 2.5 gram 14k thin ladies ring as my standard test target which I will use along with a US 5 cent piece and other targets in my investigations. 

C3E82168-4B51-40F0-8AC6-A258AF7CE31A.jpeg