Thank You Minelab... My Hats Off To You

You read it right the 1st time.  That's exactly what I said and mean. Thank You Minelab.

Cowboy-1.png.595aab4da66291225249280b2846bb78.png

Been seeing quite a bit of finger pointing at Minelab lately and I feel some deserved.  But at the same time, I do have to give credit where earned and due.  So again, Thank You Minelab.

I like - 1st to make a serious Pulse Induction gold detectors that could run smooth & go deep.  You provided us gold hunters a variety (10+) of high end detectors the last 25 yrs.  No other detector company in the world gave us the options.  I, my customers & thousands of others have dug pounds of Gold with those detectors, you deserve some credit. Thank You.

sGusGolda.JPG.7bf563742481d13c5386ecb53315e4e3.JPG

I like - 1st to make a serious 100% waterproof FBS detector for land and sea that has GPS mapping.   I've recovered more gold rings in the short amount of time with the CTX-3030 than any other detector in the same time frame.  GPS Tracking allows folks to know what part of the beach you've yet to hunt while on my vacation.  Allows you to plot the gold ring finds so you can gather important data for future trips. Many beaches have certain gathering points the tourists prefer to hang. Thank You.

DSCN0093.thumb.JPG.607967c45d4fd5d139dc8707ef2c1d6d.JPG

I don't like - 1st to push the limits of what the average person will spend on a high end detector.  How many of us would have dreamed spending $2000, $4000, $6000 $8000 or even $10K on a metal detector?  Come on, my father is laughing at me in his grave.  But Minelab did it and now other manufactures are starting to push the price boundaries.  Hey, nobody twisted our arms to buy them.  We made the choice. As this is my business "selling detector", Thank You, since I can make a few bucks.

Treasure.jpg.ca6c73198962665e9315ba23641515a2.jpg

I like - 1st to make a high end DVT detector (with GPS) that goes deeper on most gold... than anything I have swung in my 50 yrs detecting.  Yes it's the most expensive proven detector in the world, but boy it's not cheap.  Better bring a big shovel. Thank You.

MX20A.thumb.JPG.a518d655e67bff322a05f4ae21f3664c.JPG

Debbie1.jpg.9db6c27473001b1a05dfecd681debe94.jpg

DSCN0040.thumb.JPG.18ca2f41693a701c114054a2f9ffd291.JPG

I like - 1st to give us a sub $1000 DO IT ALL detector that is 100% waterproof and is killer on gold nuggets as well.  Anyone know anything about the Equinox and if you use it to it's fullest potentials, this detector could have come out at $2500 and many folks would have purchased it.  Probably a game changer for quite some time.  Minelab did something very wise and priced this detector at a point that the masses would buy it.  And we did.  Thank You Minelab.

20170929_184004.thumb.jpg.10dff3e1bf328a9ddd36eb63a911ef69.jpgEQA1.thumb.jpg.fbfb66a5d2951342e5422464d7adf786.jpgEQ6CCme.jpg.9e718e7ddfb9cafca07bb81413efb48d.jpg20191124_121724.thumb.jpg.fb97aea1dc11c8db9f80b0fb227d67a5.jpg1890169611_1stNugA(2).thumb.jpg.4de224a16aabf9565cc51886b1347fe8.jpgDSCN0311.thumb.JPG.bea92ec931107da7a0be6c18ce7ef047.JPG20200219_134711.thumb.jpg.92882822b6551ecf380df5dbb1dec1d9.jpg

I like - 1st to give us a higher end PI that's compact, light and performs (for most).  I realize Covid caused some issues, so I was told.  But lets quit blaming on Covid now and get some things cleaned up.

20210821_120634.thumb.jpg.221f13460324f1d4388d0058fab9872f.jpg230667014_6KRPFall21A(2).thumb.jpg.4ae6a9fb907ccebeb065c5868efccada.jpg

I like - Minelab has offered us "the detectorist" more opportunities to be successful for so many styles of detecting, when compared to the other manufactures. Water Hunting, Beach Hunters, Coin Hunters, Gold Hunters, Meteorite Hunters, CW Relic Hunters and on.  Heck, you practically have owned the majority of performance detectors. Thank you.

I like - Minelab has pushed the limits and now the other manufactures are having to step up or step out. Tesoro Out, White's Out, XP up, Nokta Up, Garrett Up,.  Fisher - the oldest and used to be proudest detector manufacture?  Well you better offer something soon, or you too might be falling off.  You at the end of the plank Fisher.  You've made promises and not followed through.  Life line is getting shorter.  Please give us something high end to wow the masses.

Now Minelab - Big brass and all the way down.  Please don't get angry with me and if you do, you are not justified.

I've been using your detectors for 25 yrs and promoting your brand.  I've purchased from you (in 1 year) over $1,000,000 of your products to sell to customers.  I've shared more success pics and stories to you and for you of my customers Success than most dealers.  I've spent more time and money chasing gold nuggets, meteorites, diamond rings, Roman coins and CW relic hunting than most dealers and usually using/promoting your detectors.  All along and at all those Dealer Conferences (most dealers won't spend the money to go to), I've shared with you, the upper brass and Engineering my thoughts and ideas. From day #1, I told you I was a Multi Line Dealer who enjoys many detectors and I prefer the best tool for the task.  I don't care who makes it, what country its from.  Will it provide me more SUCCESS, is what I'm after.

Minelab, You've been able to eat dinner and get dessert every night for way to long.  You have done what other detector manufactures dream of for the last 25 yrs.  You have earned all the accolades, nothing was given to you, you earned it.  You have been the envy for quite some time. Well deserved.

Because of you Minelab, we (Gold Nugget Prospectors, Beach Hunters and CW Relic Diggers) are about to get another option of a high end Pulse Induction detector that will give you serious competition. 

20220520_181607.thumb.jpg.ebe620394201cb999639c852f6b3d7c0.jpg

You are probably thinking, well about time.  I realize, No..it's not going to put you out of business.  No, it's not going to hurt your entry level and beginner hobby end sales.  Heck it may not even faze you. But on your upper end units, it will put a kink in those panties for a bit, I'm pretty sure. I know you Minelab and I know your Engineers are some of the best.  So what you going to do? What you going to come up with next?  How you going to counter? 

Competition is great, price points are becoming a little better and in the favor of the consumer now, so it's a win win for most detectorists.

Thank You Minelab for the past and the future, of what you'll be offering us.  I look forward to it.

Gerry's Detectors of Boise, Idaho.

Gerry McMullen

You gotta get up real early in the morning to trick "the old cougar" into thinking that pic of the BITS are next to a FULL SIZE shovel.....lol   Good try tho Gerry!  once again...REAL EARLY in the morn....lmao!

On a serious note.... everything changed for me in my detecting 30yrs when after 22yrs swinging Tesoro I made the switch to Minelab and for the better I might ad. Completely agree.....

• The title was changed to Thank You Minelab...my Hats Off To You

Nice tribute Gerry, and wonderful photos. Yes, we all owe a debt of gratitude to Minelab. The fact is the U.S. manufacturers all lost the thread, got complacent, and tried to milk old technology for far too long. It has cost some of them their very businesses. If it were not for Minelab, PI technology in particular, would have went almost nowhere. They are on third generation multi while most companies have just released their first. I think we'd be 20 years farther back than we are right now, were it not for Minelab, and its massive investment in the technology, and their drive to compete, even when for years it has only been them competing with themselves!

So yeah, I'm with you for sure on all that. Thank you Minelab, thank you very much.

Totally agree, I was a Whites guy for a long time, when I made the switch to Minelab my world in detecting changed. My nugget count sky rocketed, gold that was unreachable became reachable, sure I found some small nuggets with my vlfs, but nothing what Minelab sniffed out! Like I said many times before I still use the 4500 and I am happy with it, one day I'll upgrade when I am ready, I could have done it years ago, I value money and I have other places where its needed like my family. As far as I am concerned the fact this 4500 still works from day   one  13 years and never had to have it repaired say a lot about Minelab quality. Thank you Minleab !

• The title was changed to Thank You Minelab... My Hats Off To You

They don't make 'em like they used to 🙂

I echo all of Gerry's sentiment. I also have a long history with ML, even owning 3 of their 1st gen VLF's (Goldseeker 15000) when they were just a shed based manufacturer in Stepney. Bruce Candy even had all of his Sth African accent back then lol.

BUT, I'll make a political analogy..... when you are in power for too long, you become complacent and think you'll be there forever. Standards drop, taxes increase and a level of arrogance creeps in. When you're at the top in any 'game', especially when you're there for waaaay too long, these issues arise. 

I pray that ML will continue to provide us with the level of tech that we, as prospectors, desire. We can continue to probe the same soils, deeper and more efficiently every few years. They just need to be mindful of their QC and pricing methinks. Try not to piss off the customers....without us, they are nothing.

Well said Gerry. We all owe Minelab a debt of gratitude for hours of insane fun in some of the most beautiful natural settings in the world.

14 hours ago, IronDigger said:

Totally agree, I was a Whites guy for a long time, when I made the switch to Minelab my world in detecting changed. My nugget count sky rocketed, gold that was unreachable became reachable, sure I found some small nuggets with my vlfs, but nothing what Minelab sniffed out! Like I said many times before I still use the 4500 and I am happy with it, one day I'll upgrade when I am ready, I could have done it years ago, I value money and I have other places where its needed like my family. As far as I am concerned the fact this 4500 still works from day   one  13 years and never had to have it repaired say a lot about Minelab quality. Thank you Minleab !

I was White's all the 70's and most 80's.  Started playing Fisher in the mid 80's.  Those years I was chasing coins, relics, rings even though I had good gold right just outside of town, I knew nothing about it.

Early 90's I started exploring gold detectors (VLF's) and had great Success.  Then a friend purchased a high dollar SD-2100 and I used it.  I was totally blown away at what I was missing.  I became a dealer as soon as I got home from the trip.

One of my old time customers still to this day uses with Success his trusty GP-3500.  He's probably recovered 1/4 mil in gold with it.  He's all about the analog machines and even though he purchased a GPX, he did not like it.

Yes I agree, those older machines and even the semi new GPX-4500 are practically bullet proof when it comes to reliability.

Coiltek18s.jpg