A First For Me

Later I will make a more detailed report about a recent beach hunt but I just had to share this one most unusual find. When I scooped it out onto the beach from the wet sand it looked a little bit like a dog tag but when I picked it up I thought, "no way!".

Sure enough it was a 1 ounce, .999, silver bar. Maybe someone carried it in their  pocket for good luck? I searched around to see if there were more to no avail. Being almost pure silver I thought that it would clean up easily but it took a couple zaps of electrolysis to lift the black off.

IMG_20230101_132625.jpg

IMG_20230101_175847.jpg

Nice score! 👍 guess some carry them as a good luck charm. Another chapter of "you never know"...

https://silvergoldbull.com/1-oz-silvertowne-silver-bar

I also see that Roman numeral ring in the background, looking forward to the rest of your post. 😀 Found one of those this year myself. 🙂

Thanks for the link 350 and good catch on that ring! Heading back out in a bit to see if there are any more surprises out there.

Finding a lone 1 ozt silver bar on a beach may be more difficult than finding a cache of them hidden/buried in someone's barn or back lot.  (Side comment:  I think Silver Towne is a bullion dealer near me -- in Richmond, IN, at least I think it used to be located there.)

Funny thing -- I have a couple boxes with better small finds (coins and jewelry) as well as some test garden pieces.  I actually have a 1 ozt silver bar among my test pieces (as well as a 1 ozt silver round).  Now I don't feel so silly including those to air test for a detector to determine their VDI's!!

That's an amazing find. Is there a date on it?

I found something similar years ago and I have the feeling that it is some type of 'offering' that is given to the ocean/beach/waves.

Or ... someone did a theft, and they threw it away so that the remainder of the loot could not be traced!

Good find.