IMG_0667.thumb.JPG.d437a3b04b6c5c81717dd59a67b5ce9f.JPG

So the pup and I headed out to some of my favorite bench areas above the creek; good thing I checked the depth of the water at the crossing before trying to take the side x side through like I normally did in previous years....mid-thigh high, so carried gear and pup to other side and hiked just under a mile to first site:

IMG_0656.thumb.JPG.b0ff75363243f3672c45553a1dcc17a1.JPG

A granite nob that's been hit by myself and several friends the past couple seasons, but it still keeps squeaking out little tiddlers:

IMG_0655.thumb.JPG.d0123afee263a4275847ed7937ef0b81.JPG

Got a couple there, then moved one to another spot where several more were found after moving some of the old-timers hand-stackings:

IMG_0659.thumb.JPG.d01d6566c81b31d5424a68204ede05e9.JPG

Don't need a gym membership when you do this as a hobby! :-)

Anyway, hit a few more areas with some success, but the creme de la creme (or should I say, creme de la crumb?) was this area I dug for hours and cleaned out at least 25 tiny bits....what fun the Monster was having! (To better get in under the roots etc, the Goldbug2 would have been better, but we managed)

IMG_0665.thumb.JPG.7f13599d78050442309bc9d08160ab9a.JPG

The next day and a half hit a couple more spots and ended up with this for my Bench Tour Total.....a lot of work(i.e. fun) for 1.4g lol!

IMG_0671.thumb.JPG.6d81bbf47c089859a1ce442e4034a3df.JPG

Pup and I had a great few days at the cabin.....but it's time to get the zed and 2300 out again, so off to California later this week! 

Cheers and Happy Hunting! 

p.s. kiwijw, I was inspired by your posts! :-)

Great job!

It's nice to have a pup that can drive (1st photo) It gives you more time to look for possible detecting sites. I gave up on my pup so I'll have to teach Sourdough Scott.

Nice gobagold.

4 hours ago, klunker said:

It's nice to have a pup that can drive (1st photo) It gives you more time to look for possible detecting sites. I gave up on my pup so I'll have to teach Sourdough Scott.

Nice gobagold.

When Klunker opens his secret gold vault. And weighs up a Troy pound of Au on his Fairbanks Morse dock scale. To purchase a 4 seat side by side Razor. Then I will gladly drive. Myself, Rooster and Luther barely fit in the Jeep.