Guess The Price of the GPZ 7000 ?

Judging by the lukewarm to cold response so far maybe the next contest question should be how many months until minelab lowers the price. And bonus question how many thousands of dollars do they take off? :)

Really surprised the gag order is still in effect now. If you want to kick someone right in the wallet you should probably hang a carrot in front of their nose at the same time so they dont pay as much attention...

Actually paid in full early sales are going much stronger than I would have guessed considering the price of the unit. Seems there is a lot of pent up demand after five years.

I am not sure the gag order matters much. The brochure actually does tell a person pretty much all they need to know, unless they choose to disbelieve it.

Well at least Minelab won't have every owner of the GPX 5000 screaming at them, not to mention all the folks who bought an SDC 2300. A $10,000 minimum advertised price pretty well protects the resale value of previous Minelab machines.

• Like 1

It has always been cheaper for an Aussie to buy Minelab detectors in the U.S. than in Ausrtalia and you can bet that has had them quite unhappy with Minelab. Looks to me like Aussies can finally buy a detector made by an Australian company cheaper in Australia than here.

The way it was they paid way more for US detectors and way more for Australian detectors. Stuff is horribly expensive there. Looks like Minelab finally decided to help the home team.