Equinox 15" Coil Goes Deeper Than I Thought - Big Gold

Well with the Thanksgiving Holiday we just had, I was able to jump in the truck for a quick over-nighter to try out the 15" coil on the NOX.  Now for those of you who know me, I spent most of the summer/fall testing the new Whites 24K in Oregon and Idaho (with great success) so I did not get to hunt gold this year with the NOX.  Actually this was my 1st trip using it for gold nuggets and since my friends had already hunted the site with their NOX and standard 11" round DD coils, I figured there is no use in doing the same thing over. 

My intuition paid off and to say it bluntly was an understatement.  My 1st gold piece (not jewelry as I have found ounces of gold rings so far with NOX) is a dandy. 2.78 ozt or over 3 regular ounce "Golden Oreo" at 16-18" deep.  This is by far my biggest Oreo of 2018.

The photos show the 15" coil standing upright in the hole and the sun is coming down at an angle and barley shining on the top of the coil.  You can see the back of the rock pile is higher than the coil itself.  Another factor is I found out the 15" coil is very bump sensitive to rocks so I had to swing it a couple inches off the ground.  I typically do not recommend this to my customers and say to keep the coil to the soil, but at times it can't be done.  Yes I did drop my SENS down and preferred 19 most of the time.

Do you think "Golden Oreo" is a good name and if you have something better, please share it as this masterprice needs its own name.

On a side note.  When swinging the 15" coil on the NOX for 8 hour days in rough terrain, you need a bungee and I really do like and recommend Docs Ultra Swingy Thingy Harness System.  I actually use it with my GPZ 7000 as.  Another great thing I like about the harness is it actually clips to the back of my pants to hold them up better and my plumbers crack does not get burnt as often.

15a.jpg

15b.jpg

15c.jpg

15d.jpg

Congrats on a super awesome find amigo, and I think golden oreo is a perfect name for it!

Nice gold filled cookie!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

That is a special piece.  Well done.

I can say I've found some deep stuff too on the beaches.  Goes much deeper than I thought and I think as deep as I need.

I'm curious about the sound and the numbers.  What were they?

As to the 'oreo' ... I think of that as being black on the outside with a cream filling.  I would think of it as a gold filled sugar donut.

Mitchel