If Toy Cars Were Gold I'd Be Rich... (update)

2 hours ago, PI-Man said:

1 good ring makes you forget about the parking fee.  😂 But I do not like them either.

I found a few there last year, hopefully one good one this year. 🙂

56 minutes ago, Againstmywill said:

With the cost of used cars being what they are now, those actually may be worth their weight in gold! Fun finds-- thanks for sharing.

Thanks! Not many posting finds lately. 🤔

I have quite a lot of them now, so I'm going to let the grand kids look them over and pick what they want 🙂 in a way they're as good as gold anyway.

Nice hunt and sorry that you have to pay to park. I would like to know if it is a private parking area or is it owned by the State or Local government.

I would be upset with it being a publicly owned parking lot if I had to pay taxes for it to be maintained and then pay to park.

9 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Never heard of paying to park at a beach lol.

1 hour ago, Valens Legacy said:

Nice hunt and sorry that you have to pay to park. I would like to know if it is a private parking area or is it owned by the State or Local government.

I would be upset with it being a publicly owned parking lot if I had to pay taxes for it to be maintained and then pay to park.

Welcome to the real world. (at least down here) All public parking down here is $3.00 and up per hour. Lots are owned by the city they reside in. Guess if you have a valuable piece of land that was purposely not sold to the condo developers, you make your money with it. It's just a given that there is no free beach parking these days.

There's a Publix grocery store next to the beach here that uses "lot monitors" to chase away people who are trying to park there and walk across the street to the beach.

3 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

All public parking down here is $3.00 and up per hour.

Yikes, now I don't feel so bad. 😀 It also costs me 2 hours of diesel to get to mine and back, my wife doesn't want me to get sand in her convertible. 😁 I get about 18mpg but that's still around $20 more.

It's a hobby. 🙄

If you could just Dig up that Hot Wheels Volkswagen Beach Bomb, it make you closer to Rich !!! HaHa !!!

8 hours ago, Dig It said:

If you could just Dig up that Hot Wheels Volkswagen Beach Bomb, it make you closer to Rich !!! HaHa !!!

Yes if he found a Hot Wheels Beach Bomb it would at least pay for the parking!!

17 minutes ago, markinswpa said:

Nice group of finds. Congrats. Those matchbox/tootsie cars do sound great. Good luck. Mark

Thanks Mark,

We get what we get. Seems to be a decline in precious metal loss lately, no comment on why that would be. 🤔