5 Years Detecting Gold (pic Heavy)

Here's some of the gold found and also a mine tour.  Unfortunately due to health I was forced to stop early this season.  I did manage 129 bits this year and that helped put me over the 3,000 piece count.  Five seasons total was 17.5+ ozt. from Montana and Idaho.  Gold pan and jar pic is the same gold minus 1.5+ ozt. that has been given away and not in pics. Long story but I managed to hook up with the Co. and got permission to prospect on their ground. The Co. has never asked me for money or gold except for small samples to be analyzed but I have done the right thing and paid some cash and also gold.  All they've ever asked for was information, keep an eye out for float, quartz outcroppings, etc. They have pretty much let me runamuck.  They have treated me like I've been there for ever, best bunch of folks I've ever been around!!!!!  In that 5 years I've only dug 1 nuggie over an ozt., and it was the world famous (my little world) "Butterball" nugget that weighed in at 3.55ozt.  Here's a few shots from a mine tour the boys gave me and my neighbor last Wed.  It was the coolest thing and literally ended with a BANG!  We came across the boys setting a charge so we backed out probably 50yrds around a corner, then a side x side hauls by us and one of the Geo's says "there goes the guys that lit the fuse" then 20seconds later...BOOOOOOM.  That was the neatest feeling that can't be described...Thanks guys!!!  I gave the 15.5+ ozt. jar to the Co. as they've been so good to me over the years and the gold won't do me any good where I'm going. They tried to refuse the gold but I persisted they take it.  Sad sack looking guy with the blue hard hat is me weighing in at 138lbs.

Pic with me next to old cabin is from the beginning and one of Reeses' spots over by Helena, think I found 2 dinks that trip?  Here's a couple specimens from Co. property.  Shot of the buggy we all rode around in.  Anyways...some random shots from the last 5 years doing what I love to do.....ENJOY it while you still can.....!!!

three quarter ozt.JPG

5season1.JPG

BIG5.JPG

gc1.JPG

gc6.JPG

gc7.JPG

gc8.JPG

gc9.JPG

gc10.jpg

gc11.jpg

gc12.jpg

gc13.jpg

Helena 1.JPG

Ida discovery.JPG

jar.JPG

Very nice and thanks for sharing, glad to see some nice looking gold.

Incredible, you've shown what can be done with hard work ,skill and determination.   Thanks for the motivational post and wonderful gold.

I've enjoyed following your journey, hopefully your health problems improve.

The place picked the perfect guy to tinker around on their land  , so nice of them to do so but a testament to the guy that you are that they let you.  Awesome photos.

Thx for sharing !!!