Back To The Ballpark

I went back to the mid 40s ballpark after getting 7 silvers last weekend.  And really, who wouldn’t go back?   Lol!  I only got to go on Sunday this time, but it paid off.  Started off pretty slow, but after about an hour I got a real nice savory high tone.  Savory because you just want to hover your coil over it and savor the tone.  This one was a 33/34 on the nox and I knew it had to be a silver quarter.  Sure enough a ‘62 GW!   I’m still going over the small field where I hunted last weekend.  I did some gridding last weekend but just meandered yesterday.  Maybe 20 minutes after digging the quarter I get a bouncy high tone going from 30 to 37.  I’m thinking possibly another silver quarter or maybe two clad quarters.  I dig down about 6 inches and it’s a walking liberty half!   Only my second one ever and my third silver half of all time.  The other being a big ben.  Boy did that make my day!   Ended up with $3.51 in clad and three wheaties.  These two silvers put me at 10 for the year.  

743666B4-D0B8-4B8B-B4B6-A1310F7321B0.jpeg

AD1313CD-A4E0-4953-BFBA-435BA5E85C1C.jpeg

05208007-142F-4DB9-BC0B-8FA57A927A4B.jpeg

AFC956EA-D0E3-4BED-AFA4-BE7010B854F4.jpeg

Great hunt NC! 👍 I had a similar experience last fall with 2 silver quarters and a Walker Half. Got the quarters and then the solid 34 just about blew my head off. It's a great feeling. 🙂

Is that a little silver clover you dug?

Very nice condition coins.

The 1934 coin is a nice looking coin, you're on a bit of a roll there, may the luck continue.

Great hunting for sure and glad to see that you saved a nice set of coins.

Good luck on your next outing.

NCtoad,

I love your description of the “savory sounds” of big silver😃 I like swinging the coil a bunch over that “savory sound” myself. 😁 One of my hunting buddies said to me once quite swinging over it and let’s dig it. lol Congrats on the big silvers! Awesome hunt!

Tom