Wonder If Washington Would Have Liked The Grateful Dead?

I woke up today with a whole list of things to do but detecting was at the bottom. Chicken and turkey feed were on the top. Then followed by veggie plants for the garden. After collecting all the said items, I was finished early and of course feeling the need to take a trip out to a local park.  Running slow and in low recovery I was aiming to snipe some silver from this hard hit park. A lot of pocket change later, I was feeling that silver was just not going to happen this time out. A few more concentrated  swings and I got another quarter tone. This one sounded a little different and was. Out pops a 1953 Washington, Ha Ha I beat the dreadful feeling of not finding anything good!!! A few more swings and got another quarter like tone, but it sounded a little hollow. At about four inches down and a finger scrape I saw the edge of a silver ring. At the time I wasn't sure if the ring had dancing Alien's, Monkey's or Bears (my vision sucks anymore). Turns out it was some kind of Grateful Dead inspired ring. I'll take 925 all day long. Another 100 swings and I was done and going home. Man I love Detecting, It's odd how a hobby like this can make you feel so great in an instant.

IMG_4353.jpg

IMG_4354.jpg

IMG_4355.jpg

IMG_4374.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

IMG_4373.jpg

Damn Doggo, you never cease to impress. Glad you're posting finds, and silver is always a winner. Heckuva ring! And over $4 is a nice bonus. It all adds up.

Hard to say about old George, he was a pretty mellow but strong character 🤔

Congrats on some great finds in such a short time! 👍

Nice finds for sure and the ring is nice!

Good luck and good hunting on your next trip.

Cool ring! Nice silver.

Nice shooting dogodog thats a hefty ring is a nice bonus. Hope you did not forget the chicken feed...The wife has me building a chicken mansion that has kept me from detecting lately lol. 

strick 

On 4/23/2023 at 6:00 PM, dogodog said:

how

Maybe not the Dead, but I think George would dig (pun intended) some solo acoustic Jerry.